Guidance and Counseling
Guidance and counseling is an important wing of Jnana Prabodhini’s Institute of Psychology. 'Jivhala (Affection) Margadarshan Kendra' got established in JPIP from 1970. It emerged as a counseling centre for all individuals of any age, with varied problems. For the next few years as per the requirements of our clientele, the department focused on educational guidance to students’ regarding their adjustment and educational problems.
Modern world is competitive. Parents are compelled to be the part of this rat-race; knowingly or unknowingly. Their tensions are transferred to the children, which may lead to different psychological problems, such as lack of concentration, lack of interest in studies, scholastic backwardness, learning difficulties, examination phobia, adjustment in school environment, behavior problems etc. Many times parents are unable to understand the reason behind these behaviors. Not only children but youth and adults also need a helping hand at different stages of life for coping and adjustment. This Assessment and Guidance center aims to guide such clients with the help of standardized psychometrics assessment - and open dialogue.
Since last few years G & C vertical personal adjustment. It includes pre-marital, marital guidance as well as family therapy for some issues. Since last few years JPIP has also opened the doors to individualized guidance and counseling to adults for effective adjustment in adolescence as well as pre marital and marital period.
- Empathetic treatment to clients
- Confidentiality of test results and counseling session
- Huge range of good testing tools available Individual Guidance and counseling
- Testing as per requirement e.g. intelligence, personality, adjustment testing.
- Tools having Indian Norms
Special testing and guidance services
- JPIP iTaP (intelligence, talent, adjustment & personality)
- Study skills workshops for std.8th, 9th, & 10th
- Learning difficulties, remedial teaching