Name : Bhalchandra Ganesh Sahasrabudhe
Educational Qualifications : MBBS (Bombay, 1964), DPH (Pune, May 1972 (Stood First)), MD (Preventive & Social Medicines) (Pune, December 1974), (DIH,Pune June 1975), MIPHA (Calcutta 1981)
Previous Experience :
|Medical Officer||I/C Primary Health Centre,Ghodegaon, Dist. Pune||14th June, 1965 to 22nd Nov. 1967|
|Medical Officer of Health||Health Unit, Tasgaon, Dist. Sangli||22nd Nov. 1967 to 20th Jan. 1971|
|Lecturer in Preventive and Social Medicine||B.J.Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra||21st Jan. 1971 to 13th Jan. 1974|
|Associate Professor in Preventive and Social Medicine||Rural Health Training Centre, Shirur, B.J.Medical College, Dist. Pune||1st June 1971 to 10th Dec 1971 & 26th Dec 1973 to 29th Jan 1973 & 14th Jan 1973 to 30th Aug 1976|
|Chief Research and Management Consultant||Sancheti Institute of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Pune||1st Sept 1976 to July 1990|
|Head of Academics & Community Health||Poona Medical Foundation||Aug 1990 to Sept 1991|
|Hospital Project Consultant||Poona Blind Men’s Association, 50 bedded Eye Hospital Project||For 2 years|
|Project Director||Institute of Marketing &Management Bombay|
|Project Consultant||50 Bedded Hospital Project of Lokmanya Medical Foundation, Pune – 411 018|
|Project Consultant||Lokmanya Medical Foundation, Pune – 411 018||10 Years|
|Hon. Professor in Preventive & Social Medicine||Homeopathic Medical College, Chinchwad, Pune – 33|
|Consultant Academics Research||Sushrut Medical Care and Research Society, Pune-5||7 Years|
|Consultant Academics||Maharashtra Medical Foundation||17 Years|
|Consultant Academics||Surya Hospital||10 Years|
Current Consultant Services :
|Chief Consultant||Medi Project Consultancy, Associates, Pune||Aug. 1989 onwards|
|Academics Consultant||Jahangir Hospital, Pune|
|Consultant||Sahayadri Hospital, Pune|
|Consultant||N.M. Wadia Institute of Cardiology|
|Research Consultant||BharatiyaSanskritiDarshan Trust, Wagholi (PMC)|
|Consultant||Span Hospital, Solapur|
Academic Achievements (Past and Present) :
- Post Intermediate Teacher – University of Poona.
- Examiner / Chairman – Final M.B.B.S. Examination, D.I.H., D.P.H. and M.D. Examinations and Gr. B.H.M.S. and B.H.M.S. Examinations, University of Pune.
- Post Graduate Teacher – Preventive and Social Medicine, B.J.Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Subject expert of selection Committee of Pune University in Preventive and Social Medicine 1994-95.
- Ex-Post Graduate Teacher in P.S.M., College of Physician and Surgeons, Bombay.
- Ex-Chief Co-ordinator – Diploma in Hospital Administrator Course of University of Poona for 6 years.
- Ex-Member of Advisory Committee – Diploma in Hospital Management Course of University of Poona and Progressive Education Society, Pune.
- Certificate Course on Administrative Management – Pune Management Association, Pune.
- Ex-Resource person and Guide – for distant learning courses in Hospital Administration, Indian Society of Health Administrator, Bangalore.
- Ex-Contributory Teacher and P.G. Guide – M.Sc. (Health Services), University of Pune.
- Ex-Examiner – in P.S.M. BharatiVidyapeeth, deemed University of Pune.
- Member, study group – Maharashtra State Board of Vocational examinations, Government of Maharashtra.
Professional Affiliations : International Recognition :
- International Research Consultant
- American Public Health Association, U.S.A. (Group – A Registry)
Membership International Organisation :
- Member of International Commission of Technical Aids, Housing and Transportation (lCTA), Rehabilitation International. U.S.A.
- Member of International Epidemiological Association, U.S.A.
Membership / Editorship of National Onganisation in the Past and Present :
- Life Member of Association of Physical Medical and Rehabilitation.
- Life Member of National Society for Equal Opportunities for Handicapped, Mumbai.
- Life Member of Indian Public Health Association, Calcutta.
- Life Member of Staff Research Society. B.J. Medical College, Pune.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Occupational Health, Pune Branch.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Health Administrators. Bangalore.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Sports Medicine. New Delhi.
- Member of Governing Council of GyanaPrabhodhini Research Foundation, Pune.
- Ex-President of Pune District Association of Sports Medicine, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Member of Council of Research Experts of Federation of Indian Medical Research Organisation, New Delhi, India.
- Ex-Secretary, HastimalSanchetiResearchFoundation, Pune.
- Ex-Trustee, AtualSancheti Memorial Foundation, Pune.
- Ex-Member, Community Aid Sponsorship Programme, Pune Branch.
- Ex-Chairman of Research Committee, Talegaon General Hospital and Convalescent Home, Talegaon, Dist – Pune.
- Ex-Member, MaharshiVinod Research Foundation, Pune.
- Ex-Vice President, Association of Alumini of SIOR, Pune.
- Ex-Chairman, Ethic Committee, Sahayadri Hospital, Pune.
Contribution In Primary Health Care / Public Health Management :
- Worked at Primary Health Centres to Deliver Primary Health care for 3 years.
- Certificate from University of Pune for rendering services between Sept. 1972 to Jan. 1973 under the scheme of Medical Assistance to the drought stricken people of Maharashtra.
- Vast experience in organising Ambulatory Medical Relief Services.
- Established basic Health Services in Health Unit, Shirur, Pune.
- Developed the logistics of mass immunization camp in 1972 to 1974 in Health Unit, Shirur, and Pune.
- Performed thousand of vasectomies and tubectomies in the centres and camps during 1965 to 1971.
- Organised Teachers Training Programme in Shirur, 1972.
- Planning and Organisation of 138 free diagnostic camps in rural Maharashtra from 1976 to 1987 for Orthopaedic disabilities.
- Epidemiological study of 13,264 Orthopaedic defects (Original work) Published by ICMR, New Delhi.
- Guidelines prepared for multipurpose worker in prevention and treatment of poliomyelitis for LC.M.R., New Delhi.
- Guidelines prepared for organising the diagnostic camps from Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Planning, designing of 10,642 eligible couple survey under Model Scheme for assistance to N.G.O. and preparation of project report. (1994).
- Co-investigator for study of paediatric disability due to poliomyelitis, LC.M.R. Study. Surveyed 2,54,000 population for polio and organised polio immunisationprogramme at the Primary Health Care Level.
- Development of the statistical cell for W.H.O.
- Radio, talks on medical subjects.
- In L.C.M.R. Study on prevention of poliomyelitis established cold chain, for polio vaccine, trained the community health workers in Bhor and Saswad Blocks of Pune District.
- Experience in planning and running of the Orthotic and prosthetic workshop.
- Prepared Health Exhibition Charts slides for health education.
- Prepared syllabus for Paramedical courses of M.S.B.V.E. Government of Maharashtra, Bombay.
Starting Of Medi Project Consultancy Associates : A separate Associate firm is started to provide professional expertise services in the field of hospital planning and Management in 1990.
Projects Undertaken :
- 700 bedded teaching hospital project of Govt. Medical College, Raipur (MP) project report consultancy.
- Project report consultancy of Kalinga Hospitals Pvt. Ltd., 150 bed project at Bhuwaneshwar (Orissa).
- Management and Academic consultancy to Hardikar Hospital, Pune.
- Management consultancy to Shree Medical Foundation, Pune.
- Project Report Consultancy to 20-bed eye hospital of Lions Club, Ratnagiri.
- Dr. Pannar Hospital, Lonavala.
- Dwarika Medical Foundation, Pune.
- Joshi Hospital, Pune.
- Medical College Building plans consultation N.D.M.Y.P. Samaj, Nasik.
- Project report under P.V.O.H II of Poona Medical Foundation, Pune.
- Project report Consultancy for 100-bed hospital, Lokmanya Medical Foundation, Pune -411033.
- Research Consultancy to Maharashtra Medical Foundation and Lokmanya Medical Foundation.
- Research Consultancy to Kamal Nayan Bajaj Hospital. Aurangabad.
- Project report consultancy to Grant Medical Foundation.
- Consultancy to InlaksBudhrani Hospital, Pune.
- Consultancy to N.M.Wadia Institute of Cardiology.
- Hospital Management Consultancy to G.S. Trust, Surat.
- Hospital Survey work of Foundation for Research in Health System, Ahmedabad.
- 50 bedded hospital project report for HarshaVardhan Medical Care and Research Centre, Pune.
- Project report on AIDS Awareness of Lokmanya Medical Foundation, Pune – 411033.
- Project report on Industrial Hygiene Laboratory of Lokmanya Medical Foundation, Pune.
- Project report on Backache & Yoga – Lokmanya Medical Foundation.
- Project report of Savali on Mentally Handicapped, Pune.
- Project report of lnamadar Heart Foundation, Pune.
- 35(i) (ii) project of Kamal Nayan Bajaj Hospital, Pune.
- 35(i) (ii) project of Hardikar Hospital, Pune.
- 50 bedded project report of Jondhale Medical Foundation, Ahmednagar.
- Academic consultancy to AshwiniSahakariRugnalaya, Solapur.
- Project report Consultancy of Dr. Kshirsagar, Beed.
- Academic consultancy to SolapurSahakariRugnalaya, Solapur
- Consultancy to Pune Institute of Neurosciences.
- Advisor to BharatiyaSanskritiDarshan Trust Wagholi, Dist Pune.
- Project reporter Efficacy of Ayurvedic treatment Efficacy of Ayurvedic Medicines in fractures & delayed bone healing or non-union cases ISM&H project.
- Project on Study of osteoporosis in females and its impact on reproductive life cycle (Rural and Urban project)
- Road safety projects planning, designing and implementation.
- R.C.H. project in slum pockets and migrant population.
- SOSVA project on R.C.H. in KarjatTaluka.
- DNB consultancy services to more than 50 organizations in Maharashtra and Karnataka state.
- DPR project on Cancer Detection Centre, PCMC.
- 35 (1) (ii) Research recognition of B.S.D.T., Wagholi, Pune.
Research Work Done In Community Health Orthopaedics Rehabilitation And Rural Medicine :
- Involved in Planning, monitoring, organization and implementation project work on below projects.
- Research and Development of Newer methods of rehabilitation of Indian Orthopaedically handicapped children from rural and semi urban areas with reference to their environmental conditions. Specific research programme approved. New Delhi at SIOR, Pune.
- Research and Development of Comprehensive Rehabilitation and treatment of industrial injuries with particular reference to human factor. Specific Research programme approved by I.C.M.R. New Delhi at S.I.O.R, Pune.
- Prevention of Paediatric disability due to poliomyelitis and rehabilitation. I.C.M.R. Project, April 1980 appointed as Co-Investigator at SIOR, Pune. Development of appropriate strategies for community Orthopaedics and rehabilitation programme in primary Health care.
- I.C.M.R. approved project from 1980 at SIOR, Pune.
Other Research Work Involved In The Previous / Present Job :
- Designing, preparation and submission of research papers of medical Research Centre of Sancheti Hospital and HastimalSancheti Memorial Trust to Indian council of Medical Research and Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
- Editor of Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre since 1979 to 1984.
- Guidance in planning of Research projects to other staff of Sancheti Hospital and HastimalSancheti Memorial Trust.
- No. of research and Hospital project planning consultation to Institutions: 22.
- MaharogiSevaSamki, Warora (WardhaDist).
- Pravara Medical Trust, Maharashtra.
- Rajkot Cancer Society. Rajkot.
- Talegaon General Hospital and Convalscent Home, TalegaonDist – Pune.
- Conwest Jain Clinic, Mumbai.
- Ayodha Medical Trust. Pune.
- Holy Family Hospital, Mumbai
- SitaramBharatiya Institute for Research, New Delhi.
- Mr. N. V. Vora Charitable Trust, Mumbai.
- Agashe Medical Foundation Shrirampur (Ahmednagar)
- Kamayani Institute for Mentally Retarded Pune.
- Pune Hospital and Research Centre, Pune.
- Vivekanand Hospital, Latur.
- Modi Foundation, New Delhi.
- N.M. Wadia Institute of Cardiology, Pune.
- Dwarika Nursing Home, Pune
- Cancer Society, Baramati.
- MaharshiVinod Research Foundation, Pune.
- NetrasevaPratisthan, Pune.
- InIaksBudhrani Hospital, Pune.
- Joshi Dange Hospital. Pune.
- vCantonment Hospital, Kirkee, Pune.
Research Publications :
- An outbreak of infectious Hepatitis in village, Pundi, in Sangli District. An epidemiological report – Indian Journal of Medical Science Vol. 59, July 1971.
- Study of night blindness at Dhawalgaon, Pune District – Western Medical Journal of India. Vol 6, No 1. 1973, Page 16.
- Rifampicin – Maharashtra Medical Journal, Vol XXXI, No.2, May. 1974.
- Epidemiological Investigation of an outbreak of jaundice – Indian Journal of Preventive and social Medicine. Vol 1. Feb 1975.
- A guideline for organisation of diagnostic eye camps – Published by public health department. Government of Maharashtra, 1973.
- Organisation and utility aspects of diagnostic camps in orthopaedic practice – Maharashtra Medical Journal. Vol 24. No 1. April, 1977.
- Rehabilitation of Orthopaedically handicapped children – Role of General Practitioners in India – Journal of Rehabilitation in Asia, Vol 10. No 2. April. 1979.
- Clinical Profile of 3005 Polio Children in rural population – Indian Journal of Paediatrics. July 1979. Vol. 146 – 378. New Delhi.
- Role of Diagnostic Camps in Rural Health – Proceedings of 18th National Session of Indian Council of Social Welfare, Gandhinagar. 20 – 22 Aug 77.
- Environmental problems of orthopaedically handicapped children – Proceedings of XV International Congress on Paediatrics. 23rd to 28th Nov. 1978, New Delhi.
- Study of Life style of Orthopaedically handicapped children – Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Vol 1, April 1979.
- Role of Hand Surgery – Editorial in Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research centre Bulletin Vol. 1 No 2, July 1979.
- Study of social factors in rehabilitation of Orthopaedically handicapped – Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Vol. 1. No. 3 Oct. 1979.
- Survey of Handicapped – Journal of Rehabilitation in Asia. vol XXXI. No 4. Oct. 1980.
- Alternative approaches for delivery of Orthopaedic rehabilitative services in developing countries – Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Centre, Vol 1. No 4. Jan 1980.
- Utility of diagnostic Rural Camps to developing nations – Proceedings of 14th World congress of Rehabilitation International, June 1980, Winnipeg, Canada.
- Human factors involved in 4018 lost time accidents – Indian Journal Occupational Health Vol 23. No 4,56 1980 1 g.
- Socio-psychological factors in rehabilitation of orthopaedically handicapped Indian Journal of PaediatricsVol 23. No 4,56 1980.
- Accessibility of Architectural barriers for disabled – Journal of Rehabilitation in Asia April, 1987.
- Clinical Profile of hand injuries (Retrospective study) Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre. Vol II, No I. July 1980.
- Strategies for effective community programme of Medical Rehabilitation Bulletins of Sancheti Hospital &Medical Research Centre, Vol II. No 1, July 1980, Editoral Article.
- Postal enquiry of utility of spot demonstration on physiotherapy. Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Vol II. No 2 Jan 1981.
- Community Orthopaedics problems, scope and planning bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre. VoI II No 2, Jan 1981.
- Clinic Environmental profile of residual paralytic poliomyelitis – Indian Council of Medical Research bulletin Vol II No 5, 1981. Page 59, 55,25.
- Facts and figures of disabled – Souvenir of B. J. Medical College, students Association. Pune 1981.
- Role of technology in the Rehabilitation of the disabled – Social Welfare. Vol XXVITI. no 12. 1982.
- Administration of the disabled policy and organisational issues – Journal of Rehabilitation in Asia, Vol. XXIV, No 1. 1973.
- Identification of priorities and resources in the rehabilitation of the disabled – Indian Journal of preventive and social Medicine. Vol. 13, No 1, March 1982.
- Normalisation of the disabled by community awareness thorough stimulation approaches – Proceedings of ApangSandhi – Pradhan conference organised by VidharbaMaharogiSevaMandal, 10 – 20 the Dec 1982, Amaravati.
- Utilisation of local resources in delivery of health centre – Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre. Vol. IV. V 1983-84.
- Management of aspects of accident services in Orthopaedic hospital – Bulletin of Sancheti Hospital and Medical Research Centre. VoI. IV,V 1983-84.
- Case study on prevention of poliomyelitis management in rural health care – Hospital and Health Care Management Publication of M.I.D.A Pune 1986.
- Accidents in industries – Maharashtra Medical Journal, Vol. XXXIV No 399, June 1987.
- Health Profile of Industrial workers in Aluminium Foundry. Annual return of Lokmanya Medical Foundation (1993 – 94) under section – 35(i) (ii) to D.S.T, New Delhi.
- Utility of Cancer detection camps for early diagnosis.
- Assessment of Community Awareness for AIDS Programme.
- Community appraisal for Cancer detection camp.
- Clinico-epidemiological profile of sodium nitrite poisoning, proceedings of 44th National Conference on Occupational Health & Safety, Feb 1994, Bombay.
- Life style profile of tractor drivers Proceeding of Indian occupational conference Feb. 2002 Goa.
Papers Read At The Conferences
International Conferences :
- Study of social factors in rehabilitation of Orthopaedically handicapped – X-International Conference of Anthropological Sciences post plannery session, 19th to 21st December, 1978, Pune.
- Role of Technology in the rehabilitation of the disabled – 11th International C.I.F Conference an application of science and Technology on 10th and 11th Nov. 1981. Bombay.
- Identification of National priorities and Resources for the disabled – Workshop of Multi -disciplinary approach for the rehabilitation by W.H.O Between 31st Jan. and 2nd Feb. 1982. Bombay.
- Alternative approaches for delivery of Orthopaedic services in Primary Health care – 3rd International Conference of world Federation of Public Health Association 23rd to 26th Feb. 1981, Calcutta
- Accessibility barriers of OrthopaedicaIly disabled – 3rd International Conference of world federation of Public Health Association.
National Conferences :
- Epidemiological Investigation of outbreak of jaundice, V-National Conference of communicable disease 12th to 14th Feb., 1976.
- Environmental problems in Rehabilitation of Orthopaedically handicapped.
- Organistion and Utility aspects of diagnostic camps in Orthopaedic practice V All India conference of Indian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 17th to 19th April. 1977, Patna.
- Handicapped Survey – Joint Annual Conference of Indian Rheumatic Association and physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 3rd and 4th March 1979, Bombay.
- Socio-Psychological factors in rehabilitation of orthopaedically handicapped children – Joint Annual Conference of Indian Rheumatic Association and Physical Medicine 15th and 16th Feb 1980, Bombay.
- Inventory control in the hospital – Seminar on hospital management organised by Voluntary Health Association, Pune 16th Aug 1981, AkoIa.
Conferences, Meetings, Symposium, Courses / Seminars Attended in Primary Health Care, Hospital Management, Rehabilitation, Etc.
- All India Seminar on Hospital Administration at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune 15th and 16th June 1979.
- Symposium on XXth World Disabled Day Organised by Pune Branch of N.S.E.O.H. 1979.
- National Seminar on ‘Role of Community in the Prevention of Disability’ organised by National Institute of Public Co-operation and Child Development, New Delhi on 14th to 16th October 1981 at Chandigarh.
- Meeting of I.C.T.A. Sub-commission of Rehabilitation International on 24th to 26th November 1981 at Bombay.
- 8th Animal Staff Conference of the B.J. Medical College, and Sassoon General Hospitals, Pune 5th and 6th December 1981, Pune and yearly conferences.
- Design workshop for the disabled, organised by society of industrial designers of Indian Bombay, Rotary Club of Pimpri, Lokmanya Medical Foundation from 26th to 27th Dec. 1981 at Pune.
- 14th Annual Meeting of Nutritional Society of India 8th and 9th Jan. 1982.
- Invitee on I.Y.D.P. State level committee, 1981 from Social Welfare Department.
- Fourth National Conference on Hospital Management 2200 and 23rd Feb. 1985 at Bombay.
- Fifth Maharashtra State conference on Sports Medicine Association, Pune at Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation.
- 12th Annual Conference of Research Society of B.J. Medical College, Pune. 10th and 11th October 1985.
- 6th Annual Conference of Indian Society for Health Administration 17th to 19th November 1985 at Pune.
- 14th Annual Conference of Indian Association for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, A.F.M.C., Pune 271h February to 1st March 1986.
- Nominated for 10th course on Management of Hospital and Health Care delivery institutions, organised by Indian Institute of Management from 11th to 131h November 1987.
- Chairman, Scientific Committee, 20th National Conference of Preventive and social Medicine November 1990.
- Extent of problem and Aetiology of Cerebral Palsy – CME on Cerebral palsy19th March 2000 at Hardikar Hospital.
- Course on Foundations of clinical research and GCP organized by Academy of Clinical excellence, 23rd and 24th September, 2006, SSH, Pune.
- “Ayurved and Cancer” 3rd International Conference by BSDT, Wagholi, at Mahabaleshwar, 23rd to 25th Feb. 2007, Member of organizing Committee.
- Case Study based GCP workshop by Quintiles 4th July 2008.
- ICH – GCP workshop at Sahyadri Hospital, 6th July 2008 by Quintiles.
- International Review board with Lupin biomedical centre Pune workshop on Ethics in Clinical Research 24th Sept. 2011, Pune.
- IAOH, CME on 28/7/2011, Pune and 5/10/2011.
- CME on Paediatric Cardiology update by N.M. Wadia Institute of Cardiology Pune 9th Oct. 2011.
- CME on Obesity Management 6th Nov. 2011 by SSH, Pune.
- GPCON by IMA Pune 3rd& 4th Dec. 2011, Pune.
- Faculty in Orthopedic Sports Medicine update 18th Dec. 2011., DMH, Pune.
- JT Annual Conference of IAPSM-IPHA on 13th and 14th Feb. 2012 Karad.
- “Ayurved and Cancer” 4th International Conference by BSDT, Wagholi, at Pune, 3rd and 4th Nov. 2012.
- IAOH, CME Programme on 9/12/2012, Pune.
- National Conference on Beyond Horizons : Giftedness in 21st Century JPIP, Pune on 7th to 9th Feb.2013.
- 5th International Conference on Translational Cancer Research, 6th to 9th Feb. 2014, New Delhi.
Guest Lectures Delivered :
- Lecture on problem of poliomyelitis m urban and rural area In seminar on Poliomyelitis, organised by BalKalyan Kendra.
- Lecture in ‘Refreshers course for General Practitioners at on six killers In Childhood organised by Maharashtra Medical Journal. Pune.
- Lecture in Refreshers course for General Practitioners at Barshi on “Role of General Practitioners in community Medicine” organised by Maharashtra Medical journal, Pune.
- Lecture on Rehabilitation of Rural Disabled in University Training Course on 5th May 1981 at Pune. • Guest Lecture in Rotary Club of Pune South on ‘Social integration and not Charity’ on 14.07.1981, Pune.
- Lecture on Problem of orthopaedically handicapped and programmes for their welfare in orientation course for teacher and field workers on NIPCIPD, New Delhi at Pune on 05.09.1981.
- Lecture on Rehabilitation of the orthopaedically disabled and Medical Association, Belgaum, 29th January 1982.
- Lecture on ‘Accidents in Industry at Jalna, 1987.