Name : R. S. Bhogal
Educational Qualifications : M.A. (Entire Psychology: Ranked 1st), 1986, NET (Organizational Psychology), 1988. Research Interests :
Psycho-physiological Effects of Yogic Relaxation-cum- Meditative practices namely, Omkar, Shavasana & Meditation
Bioelectrical Profile Analysis of Practitioners of Shavasana & Meditation
- Head (Assistant Director Research), at the Scientific Research Department of, Kaivalyadhama, since March 11, 20013 until date
- Formerly, Principal of Govardhandas Seksaria College of Yoga & Cultural Synthesis, since 2004 until 10.3.2013.
- Scientific Research Department, Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla-410403
Areas of Expertise :
- Experiential aspects of all Yoga practices, in general and Pranayama, Omkar and Yoga Meditation, in particular.
- Psycho-physiological perspectives of Yoga.
- Psychology of Yoga – Yoga and Mental Health – Creative and scientific writing in English , Hindi and Marathi languages
- Public speaking in Hindi , English and Marathi.
Work Experience :
- 25 years of experience in research : Psychological (6 years ) and Yoga research ( 19 years) :
- Research Lecturer at Jnana Prabodhini, Pune(India)
- Research Officer at Scientific Research Department of Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla.
- Assistant Director Research, at the Scientific Research Department of Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla-410403, since March 11, 2013 to date.
- 20 years of experience in teaching “Yoga & Mental Health” on various levels namely, Post Graduation, Bachelor, Diploma, Advanced Yoga Courses, Certificate courses.
- Jnana Prabodhini, Pune, as Research Lecturer
- University of Pune ( UoP) for Educational Psychology to M.A. final year students.
- Certificate Course at University of Pune (UoP)
- Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla, Pune ( for all the academic courses viz. Diploma in Yoga Education, Diploma in Yoga Therapy, Certificate Course in Yoga, Advanced Teachers’ Training Course & various short term courses in Yoga
Key achievement/Books :
- Shivram Apte Sanskrit prize at Graduation level.
- Bharat Jyoti Award.
- Author of seven books (Five books have been published) :
- Psychophysiology of traditional Yoga (Published in Korean Language).
- Yoga & Mental Health & Beyond (English): Also to be published in Chinese & French.
- Yoga & Modern Psychology (Published in English): Also published in German and to be published in Iranian language.
- Yoga Tatha Manasik Swasthya (Published in Hindi)
- Personality Development through Yoga (to be published)
- Yoga Modules for KVS Schools (to be published by Govt. of India).
- Yoga Module for B.Ed. for National Council for Teacher Education(Published by NCTE, Govt. of India)
- about 40 research articles and 40 other scientific articles published
- Visited Germany, Italy, Spain, Thailand, South Korea, Portugal, UAE, China, Japan, Singapore & U.S.A. for holding lectures, conferences and Yoga Work-Shops.