Name : Dhanashree Atul Sowani
Designation : Assistant Professor.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Training : Counselling from Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health (M.I.M.H.), Pune.
Educational Qualification :
- Currently pursing Ph D in the area of positive psychology from Savitribai Phule Pune University
- M. A. in Psychology with Clinical Psychology specialization, 1997
- One year certificate course in counseling completed from Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health (M.I.M.H.), 1998
- National Eligibility Test (NET) for lecturership cleared in 1998
- Advanced Diploma in Indology completed from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, 1995
- Currently working in Jnana Prabodhini’s Institute of Psychology as Head, Academic section.
- Working as Assistant Professor and co-coordinator for P.G. Diploma in School Psychology since 2013.
- Worked as Assistant Professor and coordinator of post graduate section of Psychology department in Abasaheb Garware college, Pune for approximately 4 year
- Worked as Research coordinator on McArthur Foundation Fellowship, assisted in conducting qualitative data analysis workshops and creating and maintaining data bank related to reproductive health research and practice – approximately 1 year
- Worked on a project “Women and Mental Health (India) Collective” in Bapu Trust, a renowned NGO-approximately 5 months.
- Worked as Counsellor in MIMH, 6 months.
- Participated in Industrial Worker’s Selection Program conducted by Jnana Prabodhini, Pune at Mahindra and Mahindra, Nasik in December 1995.
- Worked in different sections of Jnana Prabodhini, Pune.
- Has been resource person for various counseling training courses
- Private practice of counseling – 7years
- Has attended many conferences, seminars, workshops on International, national and state level.
- Co-authored textbook for B.A. (Psychology) for Yashvantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (2001).
- Co-authored a book ‘ Intelligence, Creativity and Giftedness: An Indian perspective’- in the process of publication