Name : Girish Shrikrishna Bapat
Academic Qualifications : M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry), University of Pune (1979) Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry), University of Victoria, Canada (1983)
M.Ed. (Optional – Comparative Education), University of Pune (1986)
D.B.M., Institute of Management Development and Research, Pune (1988)
Positions Held :
Director, Jnana Prabodhini – since November 1989
Principal, Jnana Prabodhini Prashala (A secondary School affiliated to C.B.S.E.) – 1985 to 1990
Secretary, Jnana Prabodhini – 1983 to 1989
International Conferences Attended :
- Summer Seminar Designed to strengthen Organisational Skills of Scientists Returning to Developing Asian Countries, St. Francis Xavier University and Coady International Institute, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada, 1983.
- IXth World Conference on ‘Gifted and Talented Children’, The Hague, The Netherlands, 1991. Presented lecture titled ‘Evolving Teaching Programme for the Gifted: Review of a Twenty-year Experiment’.
- Third International Conference on ‘Frontiers in Yoga Research and Application’-, Banglore, 1995 / Invited Lecture titled ‘Leadership Development of Intellectually Gifted Individuals – An Experiment Rooted in Indian Ethos.’
- Vth Asia Pacific Conference on Giftedness, New Delhi, 1998. Invited Lecture titled ‘Jnana Prabodhini : An Unique Experiment in Gifted Education.’
- Fifteenth International Conference on ‘Frontiers in Yoga Research and Application’, Banglore 2005. Invited Lecture titled, ‘Emotional and Motivational development of Intellectually Gifted Students’.
Conferences and Seminars Attended :
- Generic Vocational Course and its Implementation, Mumbai, January 1995. Invited Participant. (Organised by Pandit Sunderlal Sharma Central Institute of Vocational Education, Bhopal)
- The 4th National Conference of Sahodaya School Complexes, Chennai, November 1994. Paper presentation. Title – School and Community Relationship in changing Scenario. (Organised by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi)
- National Seminar on Innovations in Schooling, New Delhi. November 1993. Invited Lecture titled ‘Academic Innovations without Autonomy’. (Organised by Educational Consultants India Ltd. A Govt. of India Enterprise, New Delhi)
Workshops Conducted :
- ‘Use of Project Method in Teaching’ Teachers and Principals of 14 Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayas in Arunachal Pradesh. At Kharsang, Arunachal Pradesh, Feb-March 1994.
- ‘Identification and Development of Behaviourally Gifted Students’ for Head-Masters of 70 Secondary Schools in Goa. Organised by Directorate of Education, Goa at Ponda, October 1994.
Professional Assignments :
- Adopted Member, W.N. Dandekar Educational Trust (1993-95).
- Nominated Member, Study Group on Education, State Planning Commission, (1992-93).
Publications in English :
- Adavaita Vendanta and Modern Science’ – Jnana Prabodhini : A New Experiment in Education. Vol. II (1980).
- ‘Sigmatropic Rearrangements of Adducts from ispo-Nitration : formation of Adducts containing a secondary Nitro Group’ – Journal of Chemical Society, Chemical Communications, 119 (1983).
- Eternal Ideas of Education, The Legend of Nachiketas in Kathopanishad – Nivedita : The Dedicated, Vivekananda Kendra, Jodhpur, (October 1996).
- The Emerging Novelty in Life, Mind and Society. Jnana Prabodhini (August, 2006)
- From Formal Education to Man-Making. Jnana Prabodhini (December, 2012)