Name : Subhash Deshpande
Profession : Management Consultancy ( Human Resource and Development Studies )
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Honorary Positions :
- Vice Chairman, Jnana Prabodhini Samshodhan Sanstha
- Secretary, Jnana Prabodhihi, Pune
- Member of Prabodh Group, Pune
- M.A. (Sociology), University of Poona- 1st class with 3rd Rank (B.A. with History, Psychology and App. Statistics, 1st class with 1st Rank.)
- M.B.A. (Production Management, Organisational Behaviour) – University of Pune (1976), 1st Class with Distinction, 1st Rank.
- Accredited Trainer in Entrepreneurship Development by NIESBUD, New Delhi, (1987).
Professional Training :
- Attended courses in HR arranged by ISTD – Mumbai, TMTC – Pune.
- Completed a course in Strategic Planning for Rural Development Projects, conducted by PRIA, New Delhi.
- Completed a course in Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) Technique organised by DANIDA – CAPART of New Delhi at Bhuwaneshwar.
- Participated in many national and inter-national seminars and workshops on Natural Resources Conservation and Development, arranged in India.
Professional Experience :
- Business Management :Worked as Manager of Jnana Prabodhini’s Capacitor Division, Pune, Khandsari Sugar Division, Karanjawane, Turn-around Consultant for Engineering Division, Shivapur.
- Entrepreneurship Development :Conducts Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, guidance to budding entrepreneurs.
- Management Training :Conducts training courses in Communication, Motivation, Leadership and Team Building, etc., for Private and Public Sector Undertakings.
- Irrigation Management :Consulting Sociologist to Govt. projects with assistance from USAID and KfW- Germany, as well as World Bank, for Water Users’ Associations.
- Rural Development :In-charge of Jnana Prabodhini’s Shivaganga and Gunjawani River Valley Development Programme, dist. Pune.
- Regional Planning :Participated in preparation of a Master Plan of the Shivaganga and Gunjawani River Valleys of Pune district, covering about 225 villages from 4 blocks. A presentation was made to the Vice-Chairman, State Planning Commission, Mumbai.
- Natural Resource Management :Member of the Upper Bhima Water Partnership. Participated in the Vision 2025 document.Watershed Development project implemented in 11 villages of Bhor, Velhe and Haveli blocks of Pune district. Kharland reclaimation project implemented in 50 villages of Ratnagiri district with assistance of European Union. Participated in Community managed forest project at Mendha(Lekha) in Gadchiroli district. Conducted a training camp for farmers in cultivation of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants at Shivapur, district Pune, with the technical help of CIMAP, Lukhnow. Worked on Bamboo craft and application for housing purposes.
- Water and Sanitation :Worked as Trainer of NGOs and Govt. field officers in the Jalswarajya Project at Washim and Hingoli districts, in the capacity building consortium. Facilitated Toilet construction project in various districts using UNICEF model. Installation of Handpumps in 101 villages of Bhor block of Pune district to replace India Mark II model by IM III. Worked on Sujal Water Filters developed by Tata Research Design and Development.
- Non-Conventional Energy :Worked on Bio-gas installation campaign in Dhule and Pune districts. Promoted Solar panel lamination and assembly for rural youngsters under skill development programme in collaboration with NPO Japan and COEP, Pune. Visited Japan to study the process.
- Agriculture :Participated in extension activities of improved agricultural practices viz. four-fold paddy cultivation, wormi-compost, farm-bund improvement, etc.
- Forest Management :Participated in Eco-Development project of Govt., Interacted with Tribal farmers for use of usufructs under community rights achieved by tribals at Mendha(Lekha) in Gadchiroli district, studied livelihood problems of tribals in Nandur
- Women Empowerment :Guided women organization conducting 300 SHGs and helped them start small enterprises.
- Education :Guided rural schools in 10 districts of Maharashtra for enrichment programmes in personality development, talent search, socially useful work.
- Health :A trustee of Jnana Prabodhini’s Medical Trust running 2 hospitals in Pune and Satara districts. Guided RCH projects, ANC clinic, courses in Home Nursing for rural girls.
Allied Experience :
- Editor of Jnana Prabodhini’s books and reports.
- Production of Video Films in Development Communication